Best For Corrosion Resistance: Acquaer Water Pump For Pool Draining
Best part: Acquaer Water Pump For Pool Draining costs comparatively low and it is available to ship in 24 hours. The acquaer water pumpfor pool draining is great for outdoor occasions and has an efficient design. You could connect a 5/8in diameter or larger garden hose depending on your needs. And, it has a design for easy portablity.
The pump fits for household, has wide applicability and it allows for excellent draining performance. Most importantly, the acquaer water pump for pooldraining comes with a 3/4 garden hose adapter.
Obviously, this product passed the test and had very satisfied buyers eager to share their experience.
Why We Like This:
- This can be operated easily by plugging into the power supply.
- This has a safety guarantee and it runs quiet.
- This is also perfect for irragating, garden watering, car washing and other home requirements.
- This is made of thermoplastic material, which reinforces its durability and corrosion resistance.
Do You Have A Safe Main Drain
Heres the immensely unfortunate thing about main drains: they have actually been the culprit for a fair amount of tragedies, specifically the drownings of humans and animals.
In order to understand why this seemingly harmless feature has caused these tragedies, consider how a main drain works. When the pump is on, its sucking a large amount of wateragain, more than the skimmerthrough your system. That means that it provides a high amount of suction. If swimmers or animals are on the other side of that suctionespecially those who are smaller in sizethey could and have gotten trapped against the drain.
That being said, this devastating outcome is happening a lot less often. Thats because newer pools are being designed with this hazard in mind, and usually have at least two main drains as a result, which cuts the suction power in half and significantly reduces risk. Its also recommended that your main drain have an approved coverotherwise, they look like big holes and are too powerful for swimmer safety.
In order to assess the safety of your main drain, first make sure that you have at least two. If you only have one, its important to take extra precautions. Any swimmers with long hair should tie theirs up into a ponytail or bathing cap, and all jewelry should be removed prior to entering the pool. Its also essential that no swimmers play with or sit on either the main drain or your pools wall vacuum fittings.
How To Drain A Pool
There are a few things to keep in mind in order to drain your pool safely. Never use your pool pump to try to drain the pool. Inevitably, you will pull air into your suction line, the pump will lose its prime, and you will damage or burn up your pump. Always rent or purchase a submersible pump to drain the pool.
After removing the old water, you can refill the pool with water from your garden hose. To speed the water refill process, if possible, you may find it helpful to run two garden hoses simultaneously. It typically takes 14-16 hours to refill an average-sized pool with two hoses.
DIY TIP: For the fastest refill, look into a water hauling service to deliver water for your pool. Pool owners who rely on well water sources or those who have particularly hard water may want to take this route instead of refilling from their homes water spigot.
Test your water immediately after refilling to balance and add start-up chemicals. You can also take a water sample to Leslies for a free AccuBlue water test. Leslies will test your water and provide the results with a customized recommendation for improving your water quality.
Not sure if your pool really needs draining, or have other questions? Visit your local Leslies to ask our team of experts. We are here to help you with every aspect of your pool maintenance even a complete or partial pool drain.
Don’t Miss: How To Clean Bathroom Sink Drain Smell
Guide For Draining An In
Here, you will need to follow these steps:
- Consider Three Main Factors
There are 3 main factors that you need to consider when draining an in-ground pool.
First, shut off all the return lines to your pool. Second, make sure that you do not allow air to be sucked into the drainage line into your pool when the water gets low. If this happens, the pool pump will lose power and the water wont flow. Third, decide where to dispose the water.
Each of these considerations is discussed in the steps that follow.
- Check You States Water Discharge Regulations
Many states prohibit disposing of water into the streets. The right process is to dispose of the water down your residences sewer clean-out which is usually located near your house or on a wall. Visit your local authorities to determine what is acceptable.
If you run too much water into your sewer system, you might run the possibility of excess water flowing back to your residence. It is advisable to reduce the gallon per minute into the clean-out to about 12 GPM.
If you intend to operate off a ball valve, just shut the valve down to half. If you intend to use the waste mode on a multiport regulator, you should consider adding a ball valve at the tail of the waste port to lower the flow.
- Close Return Lines
The water in your swimming pool often cycle through the pools filter and back into the pool. In this mode, there is no water that is added to your pool and thus, you dont need to shut off these lines.
- Open Waste line
How Much Is Submersible Pool Pump For Draining
submersible pool pump for draining come in a variety of designs and pricing ranges. Its difficult to predict product costs nowadays. You dont know how much something costs because the pricing range is so vast. For example, a pair of pants can range from $20 to $200 depending on where you buy them. Similarly, additional goods like as submersible pool pump for draining.
You May Like: Home Depot Dishwasher Drain Hose
Why Should I Buy A
You can tell if you need or want a submersible pool pump for draining by looking at your existing inventory. You probably dont need it and should reconsider buying it. If you cant get go of the old one, you could sell it and use the proceeds to buy the new one.This is a fun and easy approach to finish your task.
Lets face it, we all want to feel good about our purchases. But there are so many! How can you know which is best? You need not be concerned because Aids Quilt has your back. Our trained staff is here to help you find what works for you. Before making a final decision, you can take advantage of our free consultations. Let us show you how easy shopping for home audio equipment can be when you have an expert on your side!
Wasnt Too Draining Was It
There you go: everything you could ever want to know about your pools main drain. Since this piece is essential to your pools circulation system, you know that much more about the overall needs and operations of your pool, too. And most importantly: you can swim even more safely. Thats what its all about. Enjoy.
Don’t Miss: Bosch Dishwasher Is Not Draining
If You Want To Paint The Pool
Due to the amount of harsh chemicals and sunlight, the painted finish on these pools will eventually begin to fade and need a fresh coat.
Some people will even go so far as to repaint their plaster pool finishes, but resurfacing this type of finish is more cost-effective over the long term.
Draining The Remaining Water From Your Pool
Since both draining methods will not drain pool water to the last bit, you need to remove the extra liquid left at the bottom. To do so, you can:
- Use a wet vacuum to suck the stagnant water.
- Sweep the liquid into the drain.
- Remove the pool liner and flip it over somewhere your property to get rid of extra water.
Don’t Miss: Lg Window Air Conditioner Drain Plug
Draining Pool Water Using An Electric Pool Pump
To drain your pool water using an electric pool pump, follow the steps below:
How Does Your Pools Main Drain Work
Again, your pools skimmer comes in handy when describing how a main drain works. Much like a skimmer, your pools main drain is an outlet that houses a pipe which runs to the pump and connects to the larger system. But how it actually worksjust like every other part of your circulation systemis entirely reliant on the pump. When the pump isnt on, water isnt actively being sucked from the main drain. Instead, its more or less stagnant on the drain, though without plugging the main drain entirely, some water will lazily work its way into the pipes. Thats why its important to plug your drain before the winterand Ill explain how to do that later.
Recommended Reading: Best Drain Hair Clog Remover
Open The Hydrostatic Pressure Relief Valves
First, what the heck are these things? You came here to learn how to drain a pool, and now theres all this technobabble. Relax. Thats a really long name for a pretty simple but important feature.
If you look at your pools floor, youll see at least one, but probably a few, white rings embedded in the floor. Theyre plastered in place when the pool is built, but under that plaster, theyre threaded onto a slotted pipe.
This pipe runs along the floor of the pool, and then terminates into a gravel pit under the pool floor, which is also put in place when the pool is built. The purpose of these valves is to allow groundwater to come up into the pool if and when its drained.
If water accumulated under the pool with nowhere to go, it would create hydrostatic pressure, which is what would make the pool pop. These valves help relieve that pressure, thereby preventing popping.
Important: Do not open any hydrostatic pressure relief valves until the pool is mostly drained. When the pool gets to that point, you may only need to open one valve to relieve any built-up pressure. The valve in the center of the deep end is best. But if you live in an area with a high water table, you may want to open two valves to be on the safe side.
To open a relief valve, use a hammer and chisel to break and remove the plaster inside the cap, which will reveal the threaded plug. Use large pliers to twist the plug counterclockwise and remove it.
Should You Drain Your Inground Pool
This is probably the most important question to ask aside from how to drain a pool. Draining an inground pool isnt as straightforward as it sounds. Its not like draining a bathtub where you pull a plug and the water just goes down a drain where you dont have to worry about its destination.
This task is a little easier for above ground and Intex pools. But for inground pools, you have other things to consider to avoid the dreaded pool pop.
Read Also: Pentair Sand Filter Drain Plug
Connect A Garden Hose To The Drain Valve
You may need an Intex adapter to connect the hose to the drain valve. Then direct the other end of the hose to the area where youre going to drain the water.
Tip: If the pool chemicals have dissipated enough that the water is neutral , you can connect the hose to a sprinkler and water your yard or garden as your pool drains. Reuse that water rather than just letting it go down a sewer drain!
Important: Use that neutral water only on your yard or garden. Its not suitable for consumption by humans or animals.
What Is The Submersible Pool Pump For Draining
Sorry if youre perplexed. I know its not an easy choice! But its one of the most crucial choices youll ever make. If youre still unsure which type of submersible pool pump for draining is best for you, I recommend comparing the characteristics and functionalities of the submersible pool pump for draining listed above. Each has advantages and disadvantages.
Don’t Miss: How To Drain The Sinuses
When Should I Drain My Pool
Sometimes it is necessary to drain your pool to keep the water clean and safe. Typically, a pool is drained about every three to five years to keep the chemical balance in the pool water safe. In addition, it is a good idea to drain your pool if:
- Your water is testing with a high level of TDS . You may want to drain some water from the pool and add fresh water until you reach a suitable and safe level.
- In the event of a large storm approaching, like a hurricane or tropical storm, draining some water is an excellent way to prevent the pool from overflowing.
- Draining the pool is a perfect way to resurface or repair parts of your pool that are usually underwater.
Top 10 Rated Submersible Water Pump For Pool Draining In 2022 Comparison Table
- Specs & Dimensions: 4.1*2.6*3.5 inches The 6.5 ft. long power cord offers convenient installation and an adjustable knob allows you to control of water flow rate and pressure Max flow rate: 800 GPH Max lift height: up to 10 ft. Wattage: 24W Voltage: 110-120V
- Detachable & Cleanable: This powerful yet small-sized water pump is easy to hide and disguise No tools necessary for disassembly and its very easy to clean
- Many Possible Placement Positions: Place the pump flat on its base, stick it on an angled or vertical surface, and manually rotate it into any position you need
- Wide Range of Applications: This is a high-performance, energy-efficient pump and is well-designed for use in ponds, fountains, waterfalls, hydroponic systems, and irrigation systems and so on Working Temperature: 32 to 104
- 3 Outlet AdaptersIncludes three nozzles with different diameter sizes: 0.51 in., 0.62 in., and 0.74 in., providing different water flow effects for all your different needs
Recommended Reading: Cleaning Drains With Baking Soda Vinegar
Important Considerations When Draining Your Pool
Completely draining the water from your swimming pool is simple, but there are some maintenance risks that come with it. Check out some considerations below before you proceed with it.
- Loss of Shape Of course, water helps in holding the shape of your pool. It might lose shape if the water is drained, so it is important to choose a day when the weather is good for draining. Do I have to winterize my pool is also a question often asked by pool owners.
- Molds A pool without water can be a homeground for molds, so once pool water is drained, make sure to take steps to prevent the development of molds on the liner. Molds usually grow due to storing the liner without completely drying it
- Sun Damage Water helps protect the liner of your pool. If the pool does not have water in it, the liner becomes prone to damage and warping caused by the suns UV rays.
Can You Drain A Fiberglass Pool
Draining a fiberglass pool can lead to problems as once the water is out it is quite possible for the fiberglass liner to effectively jump out of the ground. This will mean major work to rectify this and put the liner back.
For this reason, it is probably better to get in a pool professional to drain the pool safely.
Don’t Miss: How To Clear Clogged Drain Pipe
Dont Drain In The Rain
A period of heavy rainfall is the absolute worst time to drain your pool. The ground will be heavy with water, which increases the risk of it pushing the pool up and out as you empty it.
Wait for dry weather. And not just a day or two of it. Give the ground time to dry out after its absorbed a lot of rain. Remember, just because the ground looks dry on the surface doesnt mean its not still saturated several feet down around the sides and bottom of your pool.
How To Prevent A Pool Pop
Pool pop is the worst thing that can happen when pool owners drain inground pools. A pool pop is when the bottom layer of your pool comes floating up to the surface, usually due to high pressure or overloading.
As a result, the PVC pipes and the pool shell will crack or separate from the pools floor. This can lead to several problems like cracking of concrete decks or damaging the electric wire of the pool light, which can risk the chances of electrocution.
In order to prevent your pool from popping, there are a few precautions that you should take before you start to drain a pool of water:
- When you are trying to drain the water into the sewer cleanout, clearly you must ensure that the garden hose/drainage hose is long enough for it. If you can, run the drainage hose downhill from the pool to avoid any clogging or overflowing of water when you drain the water.
- Your pool experiences pressure on the sides of the pool when there is heavy rain, and groundwater level is high, which increases the risk of pool pop once you start draining water. So, it is better to avoid draining your pool during the rainy season.
- The soil around the pool creates hydrostatic pressure, which can pop the pool off the ground. This is common if you drain the pool after heavy rain. However, the hydrostatic valves save the day. These valves are installed underneath the plaster and are like slotted pipes that help prevent pool pops.
Read Also: 72 Inch Shower Base Left Drain